"MW2: Our game has changed forever" http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html
I've summarized some of the thoughts from the original cast here:
* IW partnering through Steam is what you will see in the future. Matchmaking is not through Steam, but IW.NET is run in conjunction with Steam.
* GSP's will no longer be renting out servers.
* No PunkBuster. VAC will be used as an anti cheat.
* Retail distribution: Pre-orders will get a disk. Or you could order from Steam.
* DLC may now need to be paid for - not confirmed.
* Piracy was only a small reason for going to IW.NET - not the whole reason.
* No more clan servers. Private matches, replace clan servers.
* Listen servers will connect to each other. (P2P)
* IW.NET/Steam will replace the community server admin
* Competitive gaming has changed as we know it.
* It might be possible in the future for IW engineers to load a "competitive" setting on IW.NET, but it is far from a guarantee. It might also never happen.
* Modding the game is now very much in question. Fourzerotwo had no
info on modding. However, it appears that there will be no community
mods or maps for MW2.
* Modding in SpecOps? Unknown.
Today our game has changed for ever.
I'll leave this post with Josh Peckler's comments from planetmedalofhonor.com: The server community is what's made us. It's what defined us. IW.NET is getting the PC community to turn into consoles. You're trying to re-write our history.
Tags: Help COD MW2 PC Gamers To Have Dedicated Servers petitiononline