Audio Production Services
Audio mixing is the process by which multiple sounds are combined into one or more channels. In the process, a source’s volume level, frequency content, dynamics, and panoramic position are manipulated and or enhanced. Also, effects such as reverberation and echo may be added. This practical, aesthetic, or otherwise creative treatment is done in order to produce a finished version that is appealing to listeners.
Audio mixing is available for music, film, television and special projects. We can mix your multi-tracks to your satisfaction and prepare your project tracks for mastering and / or release.
Mastering, a form of audio post production, is the process of preparing and transferring recorded audio from a source containing the final mix to a data storage device (the master); the source from which all copies will be produced (via methods such as pressing, duplication or replication). This is what makes your mixed track(s) radio ready!
Steps of the process typically include the following:
- Transferring the recorded audio tracks into the Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
- Sequence the separate songs or tracks as they will appear on the final release.
- Adjust the length of the silence between songs.
- Process or “sweeten” audio to maximize the sound quality for the intended medium (e.g. applying specific EQ for vinyl).
- Transfer the audio to the final master format (CD-ROM, half-inch reel tape, PCM 1630 U-matic tape, etc.).
Examples of possible actions taken during mastering:
- Editing minor flaws.
- Applying noise reduction to eliminate clicks, dropouts, hum and hiss.
- Adjusting stereo width.
- Adding ambience.
- Equalize audio across tracks for the purpose of optimized frequency distribution.
- Adjust volume.
- Dynamic range compression or expansion.
- Peak limit.
We can master your tracks for a demo,. cd / dvd, or digital release that meets your sonic standards. Drop us a note with your requirements and/or needs.
DAW: Pro Tools 10, 11
Reaper Audio workstation
Sound Forge Audio Suite
Mixers: Behrringer 12/4. 2x 8/2
Microphones: Behrringer C1 condenser
Audio-Technica 3040 condenser
Misc Instruments: 7pc Tama drum kit
Korg Micro-korg analogue synth
Ibenez 6 string elect guitar
For more information or to get a quote for a project, contact us now!